Katharine Owens CPA, LLC

5100 Eden Ave, Suite 322
Edina, MN 55436-2337
Phone: (952) 926-0880
Fax: (952) 926-3541
Connect on LinkedIn

Schedule an appointment

We are available six days a week during tax season. Call 952-926-0880 to set up an appointment.
During Tax Season (Feb 1 to April 15)
Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The Rest of the Year
Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday to Sunday Closed

Areas Served:

  • Twin Cities Metro Area
  • Bloomington, MN
  • Eden Prairie, MN
  • Edina, MN
  • Golden Valley, MN
  • Hopkins, MN
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Minnetonka, MN
  • Richfield, MN
  • St. Louis Park, MN

Payment Options:

American Express
Personal Check


Q: What do you charge?

A: For preparing and filing a tax return, it depends on the complexity of your situation. Simple returns begin at about $250. Once we meet I will be able to give you a reasonable estimate.

Q: What are your hours?

During tax season, February 1st through April 15th, we are open 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday
The rest of the year, we are generally available
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday

Q: When should I start my taxes?

Checking Numbers
A: It’s a good idea to keep a ‘tax file’ where you can put any tax documents, receipts and the like as you receive them throughout the year; that way you’ll have them all in one place when it’s time to get started.
Once you’ve received all of your W-2s and 1099 statements, usually by the end of January, we can set up a meeting.

Q: If we haven’t met before, what should I bring to our first meeting?

A: Bring your last filed tax return, any changes you foresee for the current year (such as a new income stream, job change, marriage or divorce, etc.) and any questions you may have. If you have a small business, be sure to bring your income statement, profit and loss statement, and expense report and receipts.

Q: What if I can’t find my W-2, a 1099 or other form I’ve received?

A: If you have an online account set up with your employer, bank, or investment broker, you should be able to access these documents online. Otherwise, you can contact the original issuer and request a duplicate copy.

Q: I received an e-mail from the IRS or a state agency. What should I do?

A: This is likely a scam, since the IRS and state agencies do not communicate via e-mail; delete and do not open any links. Please feel free to call the office if you receive such an email.

Q: I received a notice from the IRS or state revenue office in the mail. What should I do?

A: Most notices are computer-generated resulting from matching the information you have reported with the information provided by an employer, investment firm, state revenue office, etc.
Most notices give you up to 30 days to respond; if you have questions about the notice, give us a call.

Q: Why did I receive a notice?

A: Most notices are computer-generated and are sent for underpayment or late payment of taxes or when information you have provided doesn’t match up with information provided by an employer, investment firm, state revenue office, etc.

Q: Do I need to sign something in order to e-file my individual income tax return?

A: Yes, you need to sign an authorization form before we can electronically file (e-file) your return. If you are married and filing a joint return, you will both need to sign the authorization form.

Q: What happens if I get audited?

A: In the relatively rare event of an audit, I will be happy to accompany you and assist as needed.

Q: I am supposed to get a refund but have not received it yet. How can I check the status of my refund?

Both the IRS and State of Minnesota have web sites to help you check your tax return and refund status; you will need your social security number and the adjusted gross income shown on your tax return.